LGMA Queensland is a professional association of individuals working in Queensland local government. As such, organisations, including Councils, cannot hold membership. However, Councils do have the opportunity to become involved
with, contribute to, and be supported by LGMA Queensland in order to shape the sector and contribute to LGMA's goal of ever-increasing professionalism.
Councils are encouraged to actively contribute to these goals by taking up a Council Subscription
which provides a range of benefits including:
- Nominating for the annual Awards for Excellence programme
- One (1) complimentary registration to a flagship event each year (Annual Conference or WILG/Inspire Conference)*
- Complimentary access to Village Exchanges (monthly online exchanges via industry groups)
- Discounted in-council training
- Discounted attendance for multiple registrations at the Inspire Conference or Women in Local Government Conference
- Discounted attendance for multiple registrations at Village Forum events (typically one day workshops by industry groups)
- The Journal Subscription - Three editions per calendar year - Councils receive copies on release
- Opportunities to host events and activities (Rural Management Challenge, Propeller Programme Workshops etc.)
- Access to news and updates on current issues
- Promotion of senior job vacancies on the LGMA Facebook and LinkedIn pages
- The capacity
to contribute to the advocacy agenda.
*Note: Complimentary registration excludes CEO attendees and must be noted at the time of registration. Subject to availability. Conditions may vary in a COVID-19 environment when conferences are offered virtually.